Effective learning strategies play a significant role in providing upskilling, reskilling, and cross-skilling opportunities for continuous employee development. The growth of employees has become more important than ever with digital advancements and market volatility. Employees need to acquire new skills continuously to be more agile in their roles.
55% say they need additional training to perform better in their roles. Forbes – Why Learning And Development Is Now A Competitive Differentiator
Corporate learning programs need to evolve to address the changing needs of the workplace and your industry. Without the most current skills, you can lag behind in the market. Therefore, it is essential to level up your learning strategies to equip the employees with skills that will allow your firm to successfully compete.
5 strategies to accelerate employee learning and development
The success of the skill-development process depends on the learning strategies you build. Re-examine your strategies and put a structure in place that’s aligned with the business goals .
1. Set learning objectives aligned with business goals
It is pivotal to set learning objectives to ensure your learning and development strategies are on the right track. To ensure your learning objectives are aligned with the business goals, you need to understand and research the firm’s priorities for the year. Once you identify the business goals, set SMART goals for your learning initiatives. Your goals must be:
2. Build an impactful upskilling program
With careful planning, you can prepare to tackle any hurdle that may get in the way of developing effective development programs and gives you the foresight to lead employee learning in the right direction.
Here are a few points to consider for developing a successful corporate learning program.
- Connect with functional leaders and discuss employee improvement areas.
- Develop a skill inventory by mapping essential skills for specific job roles.
- Consider past learning strategies and eliminate what didn’t work.
- Interact with managers to understand their team members’ career aspirations.
- Develop a 4-S skilling cycle. It is a skilling process that consists of skill identification, skill assessment, skill building, and skill impact. Following these four simple steps you can easily conduct end-to-end skilling for overall employee development.
3. Leverage AI-powered technology for skill-driven learning
Having the right AI-powered technology to assist in planning and executing your corporate learning strategies is a critically important piece of any successful learning framework. It can manage your employees’ entire lifecycle, from onboarding to preparing the employee for excelling in the role through continuous skill development. You can drive personalized learning at scale to capture employees’ interest.
By leveraging AI-powered learning technology, you can:
- Identify the right skills, assess the gap, build a skilling process, and measure its impact
- Create a role-based personalized skilling journey to engage employees
- Streamline the learning content for all your teams in one consolidated repository.
- AI-driven technology will provide content recommendations based on the required skills.
- Evaluate procured knowledge through various subjective and objective assessments.
- With an intuitive analytics dashboard, view learning outcomes & metrics to measure the impact on job performance and on business outcomes.
- Generatea personally-tailored roadmap of lateral and vertical career paths to compare role readiness for potential roles.
4. Accelerate learning with high-quality L&D content
Content is king, but context ensures the success of corporate learning and development programs. Hence L&D leaders need to strategize, manage and execute it effectively.
Here are a few points you should consider to strategize and develop or integrate quality content.
- Conduct a “needs” analysis to understand what type of content different teams will require.
- Determine whether you will curate or create content
- Opt for AI-powered technology that integrates with various content providers.
- Create targeted learner profiles and define their content requirements.
- Shortlist sites from where you want to curate content.
- Tailor content to the individual, job roles, and learning preferences.
- Determine the formats in which you will present your content, like a blog, video, podcast, etc., or merge them to create a cohesive content journey.
- Use visually appealing elements like images, flashcards, and infographics to make the content engaging.
- Regularly assess, identify, and mitigate scrap content that’s not consumed or applied to work or which would not be beneficial to the learners to achieve their end goals.
5. Embrace the power of learning analytics
It is crucial to measure and analyze your learning programs to track the effectiveness of learning strategies.
With the help of the right AI-powered learning technology, you can garner critical analytics to continuously improve your corporate learning program:
- Track learning metrics such as total learning hours, number of assessments currently running, average completion rate, number of active learning journeys, etc.
- Determine if employees are engaging with the learning modules.
- Track the overall completion status of learning journeys and their assessment score.
- Calculate the average skill score through the manager and self-assessment.
- Measure improvements in benchmarked skills by role or for your entire organization.
- Monitor each phase of the skilling cycle to determine what’s working and what needs to be enhanced in the learning and development process.
Leverage an AI-powered LXP to support your learning strategies
Building impactful learning strategies is not enough. You need the right AI-powered LXP to implement them. Technology such as Disprz LXP enables you to effectively incorporate learning strategies with its advanced personalization and outcome-based Workforce analytics features.
This is how an LXP can support your learning strategies:
- Manage the entire 4- S skilling cycle with an LXP.
- Create a skills repository by identifying, benchmarking and assessing technical skills. It helps you determine if your team has the right technical skills for every role.
- Assess the proficiency level in each skill to determine job readiness through the manager and self-assessment.
- Discover skill gaps at a glance for your entire organization.
- Create blended learning pathways to drive engagement by merging conventional instructor-led learning with a modern asynchronous learning model.
- Measure and display L&D insights to analyze the impact of learning strategies on employee turnover, engagement, productivity and on business performance and revenue.
Disprz LXP can simplify the entire process of putting your learning starting into action to achieve desired outcomes. Check out how Disprz LXP can help by requesting a demo.