Solidifying our commitment to data security and protection!
One of our key goals at Disprz is to ensure the security and safety of the client information on our platform. Our feature-rich, AI-powered platform has assisted organisations in elevating their L&D ecosystems and seamlessly aligning them to achieve their business objectives.
With over 1.8M+ users using Disprz, from frontline workers to top executives, the significance of our commitment to maintaining the platform’s safety and security cannot be overstated.
We are delighted to announce that as part of our ongoing commitment to offer the highest level of security and assurance, we have achieved Systems and Organization Controls (SOC 2) Type 2 compliance certification. In this blog post, we’ll explain what SOC 2 certification is, what it means for our clients and users, and walk you through our process for achieving it and upholding compliance.
SOC 2 Type 2: What is it?
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) devised SOC 2, a voluntary compliance standard for service organizations, which outlines how businesses should manage customer data. The following Trust Services Criteria serve as the foundation for the standard: security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy.
Type 2 is more rigorous than Type 1 and affirms the effectiveness of the security controls over an extended period of time. For the initial audit, auditors typically recommend four months, and for subsequent audits, six months.
A SOC 2 Type 2 report records how an organization’s internal controls protect customer data and how effectively they function. SOC 2 reports are used by businesses that use cloud service providers to evaluate and manage the risks of using external technology services.
Disprz will continue to undergo annual audits to keep this compliance certification.
Why is SOC 2 compliance certification important?
An organization that complies with SOC 2 requirements is one that upholds a high data security standard. Stringent compliance requirements (tested through on-site audits) can help guarantee that sensitive information is handled responsibly.
Adhering to SOC 2 results in:
- Thanks to SOC 2 standards, the organization can successfully defend itself against cyberattacks and prevent breaches with improved information security processes.
- Competitive advantage because, especially for IT and cloud services, customers prefer to work with service providers who can demonstrate they have strong information security practices.
Our path to SOC 2 compliance certification..
Just a year ago, we began our journey toward SOC 2 compliance by utilizing security monitoring technologies and industry best practices. We were at ease going into the SOC 2 assessment since the basis of Disprz’s infrastructure was built using best practices.
The auditing procedure was demanding and complex:
- Consistent compliance monitoring: To ensure that we are meeting the standards of SOC 2 compliance, we continuously monitor our systems.
- Access controls: Create physical and logical barriers to prevent unauthorized personnel from gaining access to assets.
- Continuously scanning vulnerability: We do an automated vulnerability scan to ensure that vulnerabilities are addressed as soon as feasible.
- Tracking audit actions: With so many shifting aspects in an audit, it was beneficial to use a real-time roadmap in Disprz to keep targets structured and our team updated on our progress.
We’ve always prioritized security in Disprz. Nonetheless, with the addition of SOC 2 Type II compliance certification, we are providing our clients with the assurance that Disprz is adhering to and maintaining industry best practices in terms of security.
Now that we’ve received our SOC 2 Type II certification, the next step is to monitor and test both cloud environments continuously and internal systems – after all, you can’t afford to be complacent about security!
Want to learn more about our offering? Check out our solutions in action!